Most self-help authors won’t tell you how to end a relationship. But I’ve learned that in order to have the relationships we long for, we have to get really honest. And sometimes, that means admitting that a relationship just isn’t flowing anymore.
It’s not about fixing, forcing it or manic-manifesting it. It’s about embracing change, and letting go with love.
But this is a difficult topic. Many people just don’t know how to end a relationship. Especially when they care deeply for the other person.
Well, my friend, that’s where this episode of the Dear Gabby podcast comes in.
dear gabby, can you tell me when it’s time to end a relationship?
People want to know how to end a relationship. But before I tell them what to do, there’s one thing I tell them NOT to do …
don’t end it like an a-hole!
I’ve been hearing a lot about the phenomenon of “silently quitting” lately.
Some people are “silently quitting” their jobs. This means they show up for the gig, but their heart’s just not in it.
The same thing can happen in relationships. Let me ask you this: Have you ever been ghosted … or have you ghosted someone else? Some people think that’s how to end a relationship!
a spiritual adjustment
I understand why it may seem easier to slowly back away from a situation, rather than addressing conflict head-on or ripping off the Band-Aid.
But in reality, ending a relationship this way creates a whole lot of chaos. It can really lower your energetic vibes. And it’s not fair to the other person.
So on Dear Gabby, I’ll offer a spiritual adjustment for anyone who’s tempted to “silently quit” a friendship, a romance, or any other kind of connection. If you want to know how to end a relationship with grace, just press play.
in this episode you’ll learn:
- How to create deeper connections with your friends
- A cathartic writing exercise to help you find closure in a relationship
- Why relationships don’t have to be completely over when they end … and how to leave the door open for future possibilities
- How to practice nonviolent communication (this is the method I swear by when I need to have difficult conversations)
I hope this episode serves all your relationships. And I have a lot more relationship advice where that comes from …
the relationship challenge
I’m so excited about my new Relationship Challenge! This is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever put out there, and I am OBSESSED with sharing it. The Relationship Challenge is available exclusively in my new Gabby coaching app (info below!).
My close friends are even signing up! (These people who have me on speed dial—but they want to find all my best relationship advice in one place.)
But one night, someone very close to me put me to the test.
“The challenge sounds cool,” she said. “But what will it solve, exactly?”
I looked her in the eye and I made a heartfelt promise that the Relationship Challenge would change her life forever.
my promise to you
I want to make the same promise to you. If you take part in the Relationship Challenge and commit to it for 14 days, you can:
- Change your patterns in relationships, so you STOP attracting the same drama!
- Feel more confident in relationships
- Release TONS of anxiety
- Improve your communication skills
- Finally relax and just be yourself—in romantic relationships, at the office and even with difficult family members
I’ve done all of that ^^, thanks to the exact methods I teach inside the Relationship Challenge. I really want to share them with YOU!
Here’s what you’ll get when you sign up for the challenge:
- Healing meditations to release insecurity and judgment so you can feel more confident in relationships
- Spiritual exercises to learn how to honor your feelings and improve communication
- Proven techniques to create healthy boundaries and protect your energy
- Gentle methods to ease anxiety and develop deeper levels of trust and acceptance
Trust me, you do not want to miss this! I hope you’ll allow me to be your relationship coach for 14 days in October. And I hope today’s Dear Gabby helps you feel grounded and confident, even when the relationships in your life feel unstable.
get more gabby
The following are helpful resources and books I mention in the episode.
- The following episodes of Dear Gabby will give you more insight on topics I discussed today:
- 82: Meditation for Connecting to Your Higher Self
- 76: Spiritual Solutions for Confrontation
- 83: Stop Taking on Other People’s Energy & Emotions—BIG Talk with Wendy de Rosa
- My latest book is Happy Days: The Guided Path from Trauma to Profound Freedom and Inner Peace. In it, I share nine transformational, yet untapped, techniques for serenity and genuine happiness—from ways to reparent yourself to bodywork practices for freeing the stuck energy of past trauma.
- If you feel you need additional support, please consult this list of safety, recovery and mental health resources. I’m proud of you for your commitment to self-care.
I can be your coach—anytime, anywhere!
My NEW gabby coaching app makes personal growth easy to access. Get weekly lessons, guided meditations and proven manifesting methods to enhance every area of your life—on your own terms, at your own pace, all in one place.
Transform your life in just 10 minutes a day with:
- Weekly coaching with practical tools that will instantly improve your life
- Quick access to 200+ meditations, affirmations, prompts, lessons and more
- ️️Quarterly challenges to release old patterns and jumpstart new habits
- On-demand access to my best motivational talks
I’ll be your coach to help you manifest your desires and live with an unshakeable sense of inner peace.
This podcast is intended to educate, inspire, and support you on your personal journey towards inner peace. I am not a psychologist or a medical doctor and do not offer any professional health or medical advice. If you are suffering from any psychological or medical conditions, please seek help from a qualified health professional.