Want to learn how to make good decisions with ease, step into your confidence as a parent or leader … and tap into a profound sense of empathy that will strengthen all your relationships?
I did too! That’s why I’m beyond grateful that Dr. Becky agreed to come on Dear Gabby to teach us brilliant strategies for all of the above ^^^ and to answer some rapid-fire questions from our community!
You, Dear Gabby listeners, came up with some really profound questions for Becky, and so did my closest friends.
My text messages were BLOWING UP when I recorded this episode of Dear Gabby.
Knowing that I had a revered clinical psychologist and parenting expert on the show, my friends started feverishly sending me messages like these:
“OMG pleeease ask Dr. Becky how I should handle screen time for my toddler.”
“Ideas for separating a kid from her binkie?????”
“How do I stay calm when my kid is having an epic tantrum—like, flailing limbs in the grocery store?”
And of course, I had a few parenting questions I had to get in there too! (Listen to today’s Big Talk to hear me talk about the thing that scares the s**t out of me as a mom.)
But as it turns out, this conversation didn’t just touch on child-rearing.
This Big Talk has valuable lessons for anyone who wants to step into their confidence as a leader, sharpen their decision-making skills and gain a deeper understanding of their relationship patterns.
In short, this conversation is packed with the BEST parenting advice, which I use in ALL my relationships.
how to make good decisions & other life lessons
listen to this episode to learn:
- How to be a sturdy leader and make kids—or anyone you manage or lead—feel safe and taken care of
- How to make good decisions and stick to them, regardless of people’s reactions
- Why sticking to your decisions is actually regulating for your child’s nervous system (and is beneficial in ANY relationship)
- How to prepare kids—and yourself!—to cope with frustration, and to use it as a tool for self-development
- How to be collaborative and warm while keeping your boundaries intact as a leader
it’s never too late
We covered a LOT of ground. But when I asked Dr. Becky to share the number-one question people ask her, I was so moved by her response.
Beyond wanting to enhance their relationships with their kids, colleagues or friends, so many people are longing to develop a stronger bond with their inner child. But they’re not even sure that’s possible.
People come to Dr. Becky to ask, Is it too late?
Well, here’s the good news, my friend:
it is never too late to heal your childhood wounds and make your inner child feel safe, seen and soothed.
This episode will give you hope that it’s never too late for you to find deep, unshakable peace with your child, your inner child or anyone else you have a relationship with.
I am so psyched to share this Big Talk with you.
get more gabby
The following are helpful resources and books I mention in the episode.
- Dr. Becky Kennedy is a clinical psychologist, mother of three kids and host of the popular Good Inside with Dr. Becky podcast. She was called the “Millennial parenting whisperer” by Time magazine, and has tips for helping everyone—parents and non-parents alike—make decisions and feel sturdy in the face of big emotions. You can learn more about her here. I’m so psyched to have her back on the show!
- In my book Happy Days: The Guided Path from Trauma to Profound Freedom and Inner Peace I share more techniques for caring for your child—and inner child.
- If you feel you need additional support, please consult this list of safety, recovery and mental health resources. I’m proud of you for your commitment to self-care.
I can be your coach—anytime, anywhere!
My NEW gabby coaching app makes personal growth easy to access. Get weekly lessons, guided meditations and proven manifesting methods to enhance every area of your life—on your own terms, at your own pace, all in one place.
Transform your life in just 10 minutes a day with:
- Weekly coaching with practical tools that will instantly improve your life
- Quick access to 200+ meditations, affirmations, prompts, lessons and more
- ️️Quarterly challenges to release old patterns and jumpstart new habits
- On-demand access to my best motivational talks
I’ll be your coach to help you manifest your desires and live with an unshakeable sense of inner peace.
This podcast is intended to educate, inspire, and support you on your personal journey towards inner peace. I am not a psychologist or a medical doctor and do not offer any professional health or medical advice. If you are suffering from any psychological or medical conditions, please seek help from a qualified health professional.