ego vs intuition
I’m so psyched to talk about one of my favorite topics today: Spiritual guidance! If you’ve listened to Dear Gabby before or seen me speak onstage, you’ve probably noticed two types of Gabby. (And if this is your first time meeting me, welcome! I’m so psyched you’re here.)
Let’s call these versions of me at-your-service Gabby … and channeling Gabby.
At-your-service Gabby is down to business, taking questions from callers and audience members and giving my straight-to-the-point advice. (When I get especially frank, I call it the Gabby kick in the ass! Maybe you’ve witnessed these truth bombs too …)
Then there’s channeling Gabby. This version of me is buzzing with energy and beaming with light. I’m talking fast, my hands are moving, and it’s clear that the words I’m speaking are pouring through me rather than coming from me.
^^^This, my friends, is me when I’m channeling messages from Spirit or from my inner guide. It feels super cool to dwell in this connection.
When I’m tapped into my inner guide, inspired ideas take shape, manifestations are set in motion … and I just feel really freaking good! I feel hooked into a presence of love, and I feel the support of the Universe wrapped around me like a warm blanket.
you can tap into spiritual guidance
So, listen: I might write spiritual books, connect with spirit through card decks and have angels appear before my eyes (they look like tinsel!) But I have no more of a connection to the voice of Spirit than you do.
Even the most practical person can feel the voice of Spirit speaking through them!
And on this episode of the Dear Gabby podcast, I’ll teach you exactly how to tune in to the voice of your inner guide.
in this episode you’ll learn:
- EXACTLY what it feels like when your inner guide is speaking to you (I call this “the buzziness” … you’ve probably felt it before!)
- A sure sign that fear is speaking through you instead (it’s not the voice of Spirit when …)
- How to stop the voice of fear from jeopardizing your romantic relationship—and heal and elevate that relationship instead
- A writing exercise to connect with spiritual guidance and let the voice of love come through (“write until love comes comes through” HAS to be a topic in a future book … you’ll hear the idea conceived live!)
- An extra step you can take in manifesting to call in exactly what you want (a lot of people forget this step)
the voice of spiritual guidance
Annnd, my team did something cool for you. Since I get asked some version of this question all the time—Gabby, how do I know when Spirit is speaking to me and when it’s my ego?—we made you a list!
As I say on today’s episode of the Dear Gabby podcast, you know your inner guide is speaking to you when the voice you hear feels aligned with love. When it’s spiritual guidance coming through, you feel grounded—you feel inspired!
There’s an enthusiasm behind that inner guidance.
The voice of love has no agenda. There’s no drama or force. Instead, there’s a sense of ease. Sometimes the voice might not even sound like your own; it could sound almost like the voice of an ethereal being.
You know it’s the voice of a spirit guide or your inner guidance system when it is grounded, calm, inspired, loving and peaceful.
the voice of ego
However, when that voice has an agenda, when there’s a timeline or an urgency that seems controlling, this is the voice of your ego. When your body doesn’t feel connected to a thought, or when it feels almost like there’s a sense of fear behind it, these are also sure signs that the voice of the ego is speaking up.
you know it’s the voice of Spirit when it’s coming through you, and it’s the voice of ego when it’s coming at you
Wow! ^^^^^That was spiritual guidance coming through me to express that truth!
I’m so glad you’re listening to this episode of Dear Gabby. Each time you listen to a podcast like this, meditate or journal, you’re strengthening your connection to the voice of love within you. Be proud of yourself for being here!
get more gabby
free meditation for connecting with your spirit guides
- For more on connecting to your spirit guides, check out this video:
- Try my gabby coaching membership for free —get access to hundreds of meditations, lessons and talks all in a beautifully designed app. Start your free trial to unlock your 7-day manifesting jumpstart!
- For a deeper dive check out my books.
- If you feel you need additional support, please consult this list of safety, recovery and mental health resources. I’m proud of you for your commitment to self-care.
This podcast is intended to educate, inspire, and support you on your personal journey towards inner peace. I am not a psychologist or a medical doctor and do not offer any professional health or medical advice. If you are suffering from any psychological or medical conditions, please seek help from a qualified health professional.