I celebrate anyone who commits to self-development—and I’m dedicated to creating tools and communicating information that can support you on that journey.
Which is why what I’m about to write next may come as a shock.
Sometimes you have to chill out on doing all the “things”—devouring self-help books, practicing meditation, taking multiple classes and more.
To be clear, I’m not saying to quit doing the work! I’m just saying that your approach to personal growth doesn’t need to be an adrenaline-fueled sprint. There was a time when I had a more-is-more mindset when it came to my own personal and spiritual development. Every day I was muscling through a long list of practices.
But then I realized that this inner work shouldn’t be so much … well … work. And it shouldn’t be completely overwhelming. When you surrender spiritually, it allows you to get out of the way—to let go and let the miracles unfold.
In case you just skimmed that last paragraph, let me repeat it:
True, deep personal growth requires spiritual surrender.gabby
It makes sense that the word “faith” is often paired with other words such as “blind” and “leap,” because sometimes you have to close your eyes and step into an unknown space with trust.
My spiritual faith has given me the courage to face my unresolved traumatic memories—and in this episode, I share how I arrived at that place.
how to achieve personal growth through spiritual surrender
It didn’t surprise me that all three calls I took for this grab bag Q&A were somehow related to personal growth. We’re all struggling with how to evolve as individuals, parents, partners and more, day in and day out.
Even just framing these experiences as struggles implies that we should be forcing things. But there is a better way.
in this episode, I share:
- How to keep growing even when old personas and triggering thought patterns keep popping back up
- Ways to make personal growth work less overwhelming
- How to turn plateaus into opportunities for relief and joy
- Why you need to give yourself permission to be more intentional with self-assignments
As I told all my guests, letting go is the opposite of giving up. The world will benefit from your commitment to heal and evolve through your own personal growth work.
Keep it going!
get more gabby
free meditation for connecting with your spirit guides
- Try my gabby coaching membership for free —get access to hundreds of meditations, lessons and talks all in a beautifully designed app. Start your free trial to unlock your 7-day manifesting jumpstart!
- For a deeper dive check out my books.
- If you feel you need additional support, please consult this list of safety, recovery and mental health resources. I’m proud of you for your commitment to self-care.
This podcast is intended to educate, inspire, and support you on your personal journey towards inner peace. I am not a psychologist or a medical doctor and do not offer any professional health or medical advice. If you are suffering from any psychological or medical conditions, please seek help from a qualified health professional.