the healing power of humor
Becoming a spiritual speaker saved my life. I had to experience my own healing journey — gathering tons of tools along the way — before I could begin teaching others how to embark on theirs.
Similarly, my friend Hannah Berner, a brave and hilarious stand-up comic, has used her career as a vessel for healing her personal wounds. On the latest episode of Dear Gabby, Hannah and I boldly “go there”, openly discussing sexual confidence and reclaiming your power in ways that I never have before.
owning your narrative
Taking ownership of your narrative and embracing your sexuality and past is not just about individual healing— it’s a collective rebellion against a history of subjugation and silence. Hannah describes how the microphone became her tool for liberation in the freeing space of stand-up comedy.
setting boundaries as a form of self-care
Setting boundaries and prioritizing self-care is essential to healing and happiness. As I like to say: Being a “no” for some things today creates more space to be a “yes” for things in the future.
in this episode you’ll learn:
- The surprising ways explicit sex talk can cast out shame and silence
- What some podcasters do that triggers me
- How to liberate your voice and find joy in the present moment.
- What the empowering “ick” trend on social media is all about
- How your body physically “remembers”
Finding the humor in any situation can have a profound healing effect. I learned so much about my own triggers around the current culture of sexuality during this illuminating talk.
Trigger warning: This episode contains conversations and language that may be triggering for some listeners.
watch this clip from the episode:
get more gabby
free manifesting meditation to attract your desires
- To learn more about Hannah Berner and where you can see her perform stand-up visit: https://hannahberner.com/
- Try my gabby coaching membership for free —get access to hundreds of meditations, lessons and talks all in a beautifully designed app. Start your free trial to unlock your 7-day manifesting jumpstart!
- For a deeper dive check out my books.
- If you feel you need additional support, please consult this list of safety, recovery and mental health resources. I’m proud of you for your commitment to self-care.
This podcast is intended to educate, inspire, and support you on your personal journey towards inner peace. I am not a psychologist or a medical doctor and do not offer any professional health or medical advice. If you are suffering from any psychological or medical conditions, please seek help from a qualified health professional.