how to find inner peace—finally
There are countless things that disrupt our ability to feel safe, stable or centered. And at times, no matter how hard we seek it, tranquility is elusive. In fact, the harder we seek it, the more elusive it seems.
When you think about it, it’s kind of strange that we search for inner peace out there instead of in here.
But of course, there are many reasons we do that. And some of the obstacles that stand in the way of our inner peace are the result of other people’s trauma. My intention is to give you spiritual tools that will help you clear the path to that peaceful place within yourself.
unlock inherited trauma, gain inner peace
Every family has its share of wounds that are passed down through generations. While some are obvious, others are subtly transferred as anxieties, fears, beliefs and habits. It’s essential to recognize that your parents’ and family’s burdens are not ones you need to carry.
In science, a quantum shift is a sudden, fundamental change. Well, you can create a quantum shift in your perception and choose to break away from the burdens of your family’s past traumas. This isn’t about negating history; it’s about understanding that you have the power to heal and not let these wounds dictate your present or your future.
a powerful exercise for finding peace within
When turmoil surfaces, it often carries with it the vulnerabilities of our younger selves. A powerful exercise in self-compassion involves writing from this raw space, pouring out all the pain, fear and confusion.
But don’t just stop there. Once you’ve let your younger self speak, switch perspectives. Respond as the mature, calm and resourced adult you are today. How would you comfort a child? How would you reassure a friend? Tap into your qualities of curiosity and understanding. Write until you find a cathartic release or a newfound clarity. Through this process, you’re not just communicating with that younger part of you, you’re healing them.
move your way to inner peace
As I’ve talked and written about extensively, true peace stems from feeling safe within your own body. Somatic movement—that is, any intentional movement that focuses on the internal experience—can help you unlock stagnant energy and release physical burdens. In the episode of Dear Gabby, I shared some of my favorite methods for calming my nervous system and moving, quite literally, through unsettling feelings.
in this episode I’ll share:
- My own experience with inherited wounds
- How to identify an emotional burden that’s not your own
- Ways to nurture an internal environment of safety
- Somatic exercises that create inner peace quickly
- The need for self-reflection and self-compassion
As I reminded my brave callers and beautiful listeners, the more you connect inwardly, the less you’ll find the need to numb out or soothe yourself externally.
weekly card reading
Believe it or not, sometimes the emotions we carry around aren’t even our own. We can inherit them from our family members, who inherited them from their ancestors. We can also pick up the negative energy and emotions of those around us—yes, fear is contagious. But so is love. So let’s reject the fear and reflect back the love. It’s yet another way we can amass higher vibes in this world and within us.
get more gabby
- Want more support on your path to inner peace? My NEW gabby coaching app makes personal growth easy to access. Get weekly lessons, guided meditations and proven manifesting methods to enhance every area of your life—on your own terms, at your own pace, all in one place. I’ll be your coach to help you manifest your desires and live with an unshakeable sense of inner peace.
Start your 7-day free trial today and secure discounted pricing. Expires soon!
- In this episode, I suggest observing the 8 C qualities of your undamaged, resourced adult self. They are:
- For a deeper understanding of how to release the emotional burdens that are trapped in your body, read my book Happy Days.
- Soothing Anxiety Guided Meditation
This 17-minute meditation will help calm your mind, release tension and cultivate a sense of inner peace. Listen now to connect with the present moment.
Click here to get your free anxiety meditation
- If you feel you need additional support, please consult this list of safety, recovery and mental health resources. I’m proud of you for your commitment to self-care.
This podcast is intended to educate, inspire, and support you on your personal journey towards inner peace. I am not a psychologist or a medical doctor and do not offer any professional health or medical advice. If you are suffering from any psychological or medical conditions, please seek help from a qualified health professional.