There’s an opportunity for growth in every relationship—especially romantic ones.
It’s easy to want to change someone else. It takes courage to turn the mirror back on ourselves, allowing the other person to reflect the parts of us that are ready to develop.
I like to think of every relationship as a spiritual assignment. Ideally, we get to grow together.
But sometimes that growth gets stuck. That’s when we start to force things.
If you have a sense you’re forcing a relationship, it’s likely that you are.
That doesn’t always mean the relationship isn’t right. Most of the time, we can let the relationship show us what we’re ready to step into as spiritual beings. We can allow the tension in the relationship to push us to rise.
When we rise, the other person in the relationship has the opportunity to rise with us…or not.
This is by no means a call to stay in a toxic relationship. Not every romance is meant to last. But, regardless of the type of a relationship, there is always a spiritual assignment.
On my show, Dear Gabby, I often hear from people who feel that they are forcing relationships. In the below video, I explain how you can reach for your own growth through partnership-and how this can show you exactly when it’s time to stay and when it’s time to leave.
Regardless of what the other person says or does, if you’re trying to force the relationship, there’s work for you to do. There’s always a way to show up more.
And the right relationship will rise right with you.
Want more support with relationships? Listen to this episode of Dear Gabby!
I sit down with award-winning producer, New York Timesbestselling author and renowned spiritual speaker DeVon Franklin. This is not your average interview. We dive deep, covering topics from faith to relationships to success. Plus, we share prayers and practices to surrender to spiritual guidance in every area of life.
- How faith can be a driving force for career success
- How the COVID-19 pandemic helped us change our patterns and lead with greater authenticity and purpose
- Ways to grow and thrive during difficult times
- How to learn what is your greatest trait and maximize it for ultimate success
- How to channel the Universe to help you receive guidance
- A beautiful prayer for those suffering at this time
What I love most about this episode is how DeVon teaches us that spirituality can be the driving force for success and joy. No matter how hard life can get, we can always return to our spiritual faith for solutions and direction.
Want me to be your Relationship Coach?
If you’re ready to experience more love and connection in all your relationships, sign up for my Relationship Challenge!
- Healing meditations to release insecurity and judgment so that you can feel more confident in relationships
- Spiritual exercises to learn how to honor your feelings and improve communication
- Proven techniques to create healthy boundaries and protect your energy
- Gentle methods to ease anxiety and develop deeper levels of trust and acceptance