Brendon has a new book called High-Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Became That Way. It comes out in September and you can preorder it now.
For a long time I was one of Brendon’s fans, and in recent years I’ve been lucky to call him a friend!
If you’re not familiar with Brendon Burchard, here’s a quick intro. Not only is he a super-generous person who has given me life-changing advice over dinner (and then picked up the tab), but he’s also the world’s leading high-performance coach and a #1 New York Times bestselling author.
I sat down with Brendon to talk about High-Performance Habits and came away so excited to read this book. PLUS, he’s gifting Spirit Junkies his FREE assessment for a hit of clarity and motivation right now.
Be sure to check out the free assessment and comment below let me know what you learned from it! (Keep reading for details.)
You can watch our conversation below. Here are some sneak previews of what we talk about:
- Anyone can be a high performer — it’s not just for CEOs or athletes. High performance simply means sustained success over the long term, in whatever ways matter to you, and living a joyous and confident life.
- Brendon and his collaborators did a massive, 3-year study on people from all over the world. They found that high performance isn’t associated with age, gender, personality or where you’re from. It’s all about developing the right habits. And that’s what he teaches you in High-Performance Habits.
- These habits help you go bigger and grow by leaps and bounds! It’s about breaking through and getting to the next level in every area of your life, from your health to your career.
Brendon and his team started by identifying more than 100 habits, and boiled them down to just 6 that work for EVERYONE.
The 6 habits are:
- Seek clarity. (Did you know high performers spend about 74 more minutes per week planning their days?)
- Generate energy. High performers are way more likely to exercise 3 to 5 times a week. You can move however you want. 🙂
- Raise necessity. High performers mentally raise the importance of doing a good job. They own it!
- Increase productivity. This doesn’t mean blazing through a super-long to-do list! It’s not just about achievement, it’s about alignment and knowing what to focus on (and what to say no to). This habit will seriously help you bust through blocks!
- Develop influence. You’ll amp up your people skills and strengthen all your relationships. (This has nothing to do with being introverted or extroverted, by the way…)
- Demonstrate courage. High performers tend to speak up for their ideas and speak up for other people’s ideas. This habit will also give you the confidence to work toward your goals even when you don’t know what the end result looks like!
When you practice the 6 habits together, the study shows you’ll be happier, feel healthier and just feel BETTER every day. Plus, Brendon makes it easy to develop each habit by giving 3 simple practices for each one.
After you watch the video, download Brendon’s free assessment. It will give you amazing clarity and psych you up!
The next move is to read Brendon Burchard’s new book, High-Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Became That Way. This book is for anyone and everyone.
Comment below and let me know what you learned from your free assessment!